Documentation of training for ancillary personnel

  I am wondering how others are handling documentation of radiation safety
training for ancillary workers like custodial and maintenance personnel. In
our case, training for these people consists essentially of, "If it's
marked with the radiation symbol, don't clean it, empty it, touch it, or
enter it without speaking with the person in charge or the RSO." Training
is held annually for approximately 50 maintenance staff and for the
custodial team assigned to the Science Center.
  I see three basic levels of documentation for this training: The lowest
would be attaching a copy of the training protocol to a list of signatures
of attendees at the training session (this is the option prefered by
Facilities management). A notch up from this would be to have each worker
sign an individual form with a boilerplate statement, "I have been
instructed not to, etc., etc." The highest level would be to test after
training to document that each person understands what to do.
  My goal is to ensure adequate training and documentation without going to
overkill. I'd appreciate comments on what you might be doing in this area.
Thanks.

Tim Wickland
Administrative Director
Science Center