Re: Documentation of training for ancillary personnel

I suggest that each individual sign a statement that they have in
fact received training, that they understand what they have been
trained on, that they understand who to contact for additional
information, or, in the case of an emergency, and more importantly,
keep a copy of all materials that were presented during the training
class to document what each individual was "exposed" to during the
sessions.

It is a common task for radiation workers to come back later and say
that they were not truly informed about the risks of radiation while
employed. It is far much easier for an ancillary worker to state the
same. I suggest that we make it a little bit more difficult to
question training with detailed documentation.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

mailto:sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
mailto:sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Homepages:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205 (primary)
http://www.netcom.com/~sandyfl/home.html (secondary)

"The object of opening the mind as of opening
the mouth is to close it again on something solid"
              - G. K. Chesterton -