Re: Documentation of training for ancillary personnel

>The highest level would be to test after
>training to document that each person understands what to do.
>  My goal is to ensure adequate training and documentation without going to
>overkill. I'd appreciate comments on what you might be doing in this area.

In the DOE world, 10CFR835.901 requires an examination for everyone who is
permitted unescorted access into a Controlled Area.

While I believe in tests as a good learning tool, there are some
difficulties with using tests to demonstrate a safe level of knowledge,
e.g.
1. Is the test equally fair to all categories of worker?
2. Does the ability to answer a test question really demonstrate understanding?
3. What do you do with those who fail?
4. If someone passes with a score of 80%, does this demonstrate a lack of
understanding of 20% of the material?

"Shlala gashle" (Zulu greeting, meaning "Stay safe")
mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)