More on Revigator

     About that Revigator:
     Last year the National Atomic Museum at KAFB acquired one of these
     former health wonders and quite an in-depth study of it was performed.
     Our Revigator has removable contamination on the interior. In fact
     some of the ore has flaked off and is now laying on the bottom.  In
     short it was determined, by a couple of different methods, that it
     contained approx. 28uci of U-238, the max exposure rate was 9.0 mR/hr
     inside the Revigator using a RO-3C open window.  The Revigator was
     also placed inside a 55 gal. drum with an E-PERM.  This was done to
     measure the Radon build up using the known volume of the drum to
     calculate the concentration of Radium.
     As I said this is a very short summary.  The study was actually done
     by Mike Enghauser, and if anyone currently knows how to reach him
     please let me know by private e-mail.
     The Revigator will soon be on display at the museum once we take care
     of the loose contamination on the inside.

     ""Any expressed opinions are my own fault and not that of my
     employer.""

     Kevin Rolfe RCT
     SNL/NM
     kdrolfe@sandia.gov