TV broadcast

Yesterday, 11 June 97, I caught the tail end on a 'news' report on
television as I was leaving the house, which showed a recently developed
'?resin' material which was reported to have the ability to give off more
heat than was put into it.  One of the displayed uses of it was also to
reduce the amount of radiation in a sample that was passed through it.
The commentator demonstrated this property by showing diminished counts on
a survey meter following the application of this ?device.  It was
mentioned that this material was demonstrated at last years American
Nuclear Society meeting, and that a number of very large companies are now
interested in it.
Has anyone in this group also seen this broadcast, and/or have any further
information on such material?
Frank P. Dawry
Medical Physicist
Nuclear Medicine Service