Subject: Radon and Static charges
Author:  "Diane Griffiths" <dgriffiths@ehso.emory.edu> at Internet
Date:    6/12/97 12:16

> Region.  The attraction is due to the buildup of static charge which
> attracts the radon progeny, generally at the points of friction

Which brings me to ponder another question.

Could the radon progeny be attracted to plastic carts, with a large
amount of plastic bags in them, if there was a buildup of static
charge in the plastic? We have a problem with monitors alarming very
frequently, and wre currently in the process of thoroughly
investigating this.

Diane Griffiths
Associate Radiation Safety Officer
Emory University School of Medicine