Re: Webster method

Those who currently utilize the Webster Calculation are Cath labs and
a few other applications. The new ANSI Standard does address multiple
dosimetry, however, the Webster basically centers around a dosimeter
worn on the collar and another worn at the chest level under a lead
apron. I don't have the current reference for it with me at the
moment (I am currently sitting in my son's hospital room at the
Medical City Center in Dallas) but I am sure that I could walk down
to Radiology and find out ;)   For those who are not familiar with
the Webster, the equation for two dosimeters is as follows:

(1.5*W) +(0.04*C)   where W is the chest badge under the lead apron
and the C is the collar badge outside of the lead apron. I have seen
many wear the chest badge incorrectly, i.e., outside the apron,
incorrectly sway the two, and with the 1.5 factor, one can receive
some very high EDE doses ...  higher than any of the single
dosimeters.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Office: (800) 548-5100 x2306
Fax:    (714) 668-3149

mailto:sandyfl@ix.netcom.com
mailto:sperle@icnpharm.com

Personal Homepages:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/1205 (primary)
http://www.netcom.com/~sandyfl/home.html (secondary)

"The object of opening the mind as of opening
the mouth is to close it again on something solid"
              - G. K. Chesterton -