Beta Measurements

The specific answer to your question is Yes; in fact this is done all the
time.  Many studies of beta response of instruments have been done at LANL
and PNNL as well as by manufacturers, and there are a number of pertinent
ANSI and IEC standards, including standards that characterize the standard
beta sources.  Suggest you contact someone at PNNL such as Greg Carter, or
Joe McDonald.

Hope this helps.

Ron Kathren
rkathren@tricity.WSU.edu