RE: PI with I-131 treatment (for Graves' disease) at work

I'm an HP at a nuclear power plant who has dealt with a few workers who
have had Grave's disease treatments.  So this info is not medically
oriented.  Usually the doctors give them 10 mCi once or twice, I think.
We've measured 500 mR/hr at their thyroids with a small chamber energy
compensated GM tube for 10 mCi.  They can sweat detectable amounts of
this rad material onto chairs and telephones for a few weeks.  They will
alarm portal monitors for weeks, and they certainly should not enter
counting laboratorys for a while.

Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.