Subject: Re: Looking for EPDs
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at Internet
Date:    6/20/97 4:30 AM

Lzwinters@aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone give me contacts for electronic personal dosimeters?

Hi

In the UK I think the only true EPD is made by Siemens Plessey Controls
Ltd. Tel 44 202 782000. It has our HSE approval to be used as a dosimetry
service, and has been in use for many years. It is widely available in
Europe, and I would imagine worldwide.

.......However we had one on loan for evaluation and hated it! Man it's
heavy! We also took it apart to see how it worked (well you just got to)
and we couldn't put it back together again, oops!

Cheers Andy H.
a.hancock@cxwms.ac.uk