Re: Russian Criticality accident

If I recall correctly, the unfortunate victim of a criticality accident many
years ago at an enriched uranium waste recovery facility at Wood River,
Rhode Island  received a dose of about 5,000 rad.  The incident happened
early of a Sunday evening and he died shortly after arriving at a Providence
hospital (some 50 miles away) at about midnight.

Andy Hull
Brookhaven National Laboratory
Upton,NY 11973
516-344-4210