Criticality Accident Conditions -Reply

The major damage done to the body after a criticality accident is from the
neutron dose.  The neutron spectrum is highly dependent on the type of
system.  Solution systems will have a mostly intermediate and thermal
spectrum.  The metal system the went critical in Arzemis (sp?) had a
fast-intermediate spectrum and any thermal neutrons would have been
the result of back scatter from hydrogenous materials in the room (like
the concrete floor)

Some examples are found in Gamma-ray and Neutron Leakage Spectra
Calculated for Unshielded Reactors (LA-11807) and numerous other