Re: radiological signs

At San Jose State University we have instituted a simple system.  We users
outside of the Nuclear Science Facility who use radiation sources.  However,
the uses which require more strict control are with the facility.  In the
facility we maintain a plastic box (much like a mailbox) which we place new
or significantly changed information about the facility location.  Users of
those locations are instructed to review the information when entering.
Typically they use the facility for a few weeks, then they do not use it for
several months.  This way we can provide important changes in their
direction with minimal effort.  We control the information by placing a
large cover sheet with a date on it when the information has been posted.
If they have not been to the location since that date (and reviewed the
information) they can take the time before they start.  This method appears
to be effective.  Comments have been positive.  Also, if there has been
nothing posted in the box, then the standard signs prevail.
John Pickering, RSO
San Jose State University
johnjp@email.sjsu.edu