Re: beta particle range

A rule of thumb, from the 1970 edition of the "Rad Health Handbook," is that
the range of a beta particle, in g/cm2, is approximately equal to half the
maximum energy, in Mev, i.e. R ~ E/2.

For more precise determinations, I recommend consulting "Introduction to
Radiological Physics and Radiation Dosimetry," by Frank H. Attix (1986, John
Wiley & Sons).

Here's to a risk free world, and other fantasies.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@detroitedison.com

Hello,
I seem to remember a formula for beta particle energy-range relationship
(in Cember's Intro. to Healt Physics), however, I do not have the book
with me. Does anyone know the formula off-hand, or any other applicable
formula? Thanks.
Bob Dunn
rso.gscancer@worldnet.att.net