FEMA Calibration Source Available

Radsafers:

A gentleman that works for the Montana State Disaster Services in Helena
has asked that I post this announcement.  He has available a calibration
source that was transferred to him a number of years ago by FEMA
(originally "owned" by the Army Office of Civil Defense).  It is a
cesium-137 source, and the source activity is approximately 87 - 90 Curies
(originally 130 Ci).  He says that FEMA will not at present cough up the
$25,000 "decommissioning fee" (their term for what I assume are disposal
costs) that they've been quoted.  Hence, he's looking to donate the source
to a properly licensed entity in need of such a device.

Anyone interested should contact me privately.

Regards,

-Erick Lindstrom

Erick Lindstrom
Radiation Safety Officer
309 Montana Hall
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT  59717-0244
Phone: (406) 994-2108
Fax:	(406) 994-4792
avrel@gemini.oscs.montana.edu

Strange as it may seem, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
formal education positively fortifies it! - Stephen Vizinczey