Another Noteworthy Biography on Nuclear Physicist

For those of you that enjoy biographies of important figures
in the development of nuclear physics, I offer another tidbit.
The British publication, "New Scientist," a magazine, has a
pretty complete book review on a book entitled _The accidental physicist_,
_The Neutron and the Bomb: A Biography of Sir James Chadwick_,
                     by Andrew Brown, Oxford University Press.  The book
and article
describe the works and life of James Chadwick, an investigator
that worked for Ernest Rutherford and who was the first to prove
the existence of the neutron.  Following Chadwick's discovery,
he then played a key role in determining the feasibility of
fabricating a weapon using this particle.  Regardless of the
politics regarding the use of this discovery, the importance
of it in shaping the world as we know it is irrefutable.  Other
important figures such as Rutherford and Bragg also are mentioned
in the review.  If you would like to review the article or
get more information on the book, you may set your browser to:

http://www.newscientist.com:80/ns/970712/review.html

Best regards
Judd M. Sills, CHP           |   Office: (619)455-2049
General Atomics, Room 01-166C|      Fax: (619)455-3181
3550 General Atomics Court   |   E-Mail:  sillsj@gat.com
San Diego, CA  92121         |