Re: LLW status according to AP: a fair story

Al Tschaeche wrote:

> The only thing this shows is that the anti nukes are very, very
> effective in preventing any new waste facilities from being
> constructed.  Until there is as effective a pro nuclear organization
> in
> this country, we will continue to waste taxpayer's money with nothing
> show for it.  But, what else is new?  Al Tschaeche
> antatnsu@pacbell.net

If anyones interested we have the same problem in the UK.

NIREX was formed in 1982 to find a suitable location for, and to
construct, a nuclear intermediate and low level waste facility for the
UK. All their attempts to identify a suitable site have been thwarted at
local (NIMBY again) and government level since then. An awful lot of
money time and effort has been spent!

It makes interesting reading though, visit their site:

http://www.nirex.co.uk

Cheers
Andy Hancock