From: "Schoenhofer" <schoenho@via.at
To:  Multiple recipients of list <; DL/MAINOFFICE/HA
Subject: Re: LLW status according to AP: a fair s
Date:  16 July 1997 18:28PM

Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 Wien
AUSTRIA
Tel./Fax: +43-1-4955308
Mobiltel.: +43-664-3380333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

 ----------
> Von: Sandy Perle <sandyfl@ix.netcom.com>
> An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Betreff: Re: LLW status according to AP: a fair story
> Datum: Mittwoch, 16. Juli 1997 16:53
>
> Bernard Cohen stated:
>
> > Is there any chance of going back to ocean dumping? That is
> > really the best way. If you need technical back-up on this, let me
know.

> While this option is probably the most realistic choice, for many
> applications, I seriously doubt that we will ever see this option

There is an international convention ("The London Convention"), which
forbids ocean dumping. Unfortunately I cannot provide you with details, but
I guess there could be information available from the IAEA.

Whether it makes sense or not, is a good way or not - it is forbidden by
this convention.

Franz