Re: Gamma Spectrometry Software Replacement

>Why are you having to replace your gamma spec software as a result of the
>year-200 issue?  What current gamma spec software are you using now?  My
>computer support group at work said that I would just have to change the
>BIOS to correct the problem.

>Jason
>jarmstrong@halnet.com

Jason and Fellow Radsafers,

We have been informed by a vendor (Canberra) that some of our old gamma
spec software (Nuclear Data - ASAP and microMCA stuff) will not handle the
year 2000 change....so, without some creative problem solving on the users
side, I assume, at least, the decay corrrection functions of the software
will be incorrect.  This is an older product and is no longer supported by
the creators.

Regards,

Dave Brown, chp
NIST Reactor Health Physics