Specific Ionization potentials or ranges for P & T in 3-He

        Group,

        This is a rather unusual request - I hope not beyond the scope of
Radsafers...

        I have a researcher who is looking for the Stopping Power of 3-He
for protons and Tritons.  His calculations are showing a projected range of
approx. 1600 microns for the protons and, of course, less for the Tritons.
We're looking for a reference (references?) for experimental conformation of
these ranges...  He has found data on lead, copper, aluminum, etc., but
almost nothing on gasses...

        We are NOT looking for a theoretical derivation of the Bethe-Bloch
equation....

        Below is the original request to me:

Trying to find the specific ionizations of protons and Tritons in 3-He (not
a mixture, as I have some data for a 3-He-CF4 mix).  The units for these -dE/dx
values are usually in keV/mg/(cm)2.  The ranges as a function of the proton
& Triton (in mg/(cm)2 ) for the 3-He(n,p) reaction will be just as good.

        If you know of another "list" which might have readers who could
help, please either forward this to that list or email me with their address.

        Thank you all (ahead of time),

        Joel

..

Joel T. Baumbaugh (baumbaug@nosc.mil)
Naval Research and Development (NRaD)
San Diego, CA., U.S.A.

The content of this message has not been reviewed or endorsed by my employer
(the U.S. Navy), the Federal government or my supervisors.