Source Material

Hello RADSAFERs,

I have a question about the possession/licensing of Thorium.

We have several high-altitude cameras that contain a small amount of
thorium in their lenses.  If one of these lenses were to break, would we be
required to obtain a license for the possession of the waste material or...
would this fall under the general licensing provisions of 10 CFR 40.22
(small quantities of source material)?

Tad  Blanchard            /__ \ /___\   NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc          O         Code 205.9, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Sr Health Physics Tech        / \                    Phone: 301-286-9157
Assistant RSO                /___\                   Fax:   301-286-1618
                 mailto:Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov