Re:A conspiracy?

H.Wade Patterson wrote:

> I'd be grateful for a citation which does "put the risk of exposure to
>
> low level radiation into perspective."
>
> Before you send anything from UNSCEAR, BEIR, ICRP, or NCRP (UBIN)
> please
> read my paper in the March issue of Health Physics. In it I show that:
>
> "Present radiation protection standards are based to a large extent on
>
> data that has been forced to conform with the linear nonthreshold
> (LNT)
> model. A review of the literature shows that there are examples of
> both
> data and theory that disagree with such a model. Established standard
> setting bodies (UBIN) seem not to have recognized this disagreement;
> indeed, as will be shown, there are many studies that they have
> neither
> cited, discussed, nor refuted.

Hi

Is this a suggestion of a world-wide conspiracy?

A recent British TV documentary claimed that for most of his working
life Robert Maxwell - newspaper and printing magnate who now lives on
Mars with Elvis, Lord Lucan, and Shergar - operated as a double agent
for both British Military Intelligence and the Eastern Bloc. A major
claim, and here's the serious bit, was that under the instruction,
guidance, and financing of British Secret Intelligence (MI6 I think)
Maxwell created the Pergamon Press to control/manipulate/recruit from,
the worlds finest scientific brains.

Hasn't the ICRP always used Pergamon; wasn't Health Physics once
published by Pergamon? Are we all spies? My colleague has a gold-grain
gun, and is not afraid to use it!

I know this is flippant conjecture and a nonsense personal muse, but we
are entering the silly season!

Cheers All

Andy Hancock
Charing Cross Hospital, London, UK