Fwd: Privatizing of Nuke Cleanup Failing -Reply

Just a correction to this post.  Pit 9 is not "just outside of Twin Falls" but
is west of Idaho Falls.

As one who is deeply familiar with Pit 9, I would have to say that there
was failure on both sides (DOE and Lockheed).  As a tax payer, I
always felt that a remediation of Pit 9 should not have been attempted.
The best solution would have been a monitoring program

Bob Boston
Nuclear Criticality Safety
Lockheed Martin Advance Environmental Systems

The opinions expressed above are my own and not my employers