Re: Radiation tests at VA hospital questioned

>... the top RSO is neither a CHP nor a member
>of the HPS!......What difference does that make???  You're
>insinuating possible incompetence on that person's part just because
>he's not affiliated with some group, or hasn't been certified by that
>same group?

I did not pick up on the insinuation of incompetence, but I agree that degrees and certifications have their limits.  And it indeed sounds like the consent form for the studies should have been done better.  But the media report I read credentialed this RSO as having a PhD (like, WOW) - in something that could be considered only tangentially related.  In view of some of the quotes in the article, I don't think it is unfair to question this RSO's experience and understanding in dealing with certain medical radiation issues.  Seems like there may have been some big bureaucratic problems at the VA - but his approach to fixing them may end up frightening patients unnecessarily.