Re: HPS Membership

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Ron L. Kathren wrote:

>                                           And, I cannot understand why you
> apparently are at odds with the profession, but you clearly have an ax to
> grind.  Thus one might question how 'impartial' your own observations are,
> just as you have chosen to do with mine, for that is exactly what I did when
> noting the lack of affiliation of the gentlemen at the VA.  I did not,
> however, raise any questions, pointed or otherwise,about him, his
> motivations, competence, or the merits of his allegations.

I would like to understand why you think I appear to be "... at odds with
the profession..."

Do you have enough information to publicly make this claim ?

Do you in fact know anything at all about my practice of the profession ?

These questions were the point of my "protest".

And the same attitude that appears to be demonstrated by your claim that
I appear to "have an ax to grind" is the very attitude that seemed to
draw into question the motivation of the RSO at the Jerry L. Pettis VAMC.

My question is: If we have so little actual data about the situation, why
does it seem that "the professionals" are so ready to attack the resister?
(And, why so ready to attack any "pro bono" defense of the resister ?)

Bill Pitchford