Re: HPS Membership

I am not a CHP and  being a radiochemist,  it is somewhat outside of my area.
 Nevertheless, I consider it a useful certification that helps me evaluate
the qualifications of health physicists.   The discussion of this topic
reminds me that several years ago, a health physicist from Poland asked me to
contact the Health Physics Society here and relay the request that the
certification examination be given in Poland.  I discussed this with someone
in a position of authority at the society and the response was not very
encouraging.  I don't know what the final outcome was in this case.  I don't
know if similar certification procedures exist in other parts of the world,
 but apparently the gentleman in Poland felt the need for it.  The extension
of the certification process to other parts of the world would be useful in
my opinion, and I hope that if there are requests for it, that the Society
will consider it favorably.

                                                                  Robert
Holloway
                                                                  Nevada