Re: International certification

It is basically a matter of practicality.
One issue is time zones and exam security.
It is expensive to prepare and present the exam.  Multiple versions of the
exam are just not possible given the volume of applicants that exist.

Another issue is that there simply are not that many international HP that
are interested, and those that are tend to come to the U.S. to take the
exam.

Another is the parochial content of the exam.  Our U.S. HPs and employers
would like content related to the needs of the U.S. HP community.  In fact
the Board tries to minimize this but there is always some U.S. specific
content there.

I know that 10-12 yrs ago the Canadian community looked into doing a
Canada specific exam.  I suspect it did not happen for some of these very
practical reasons. Not to sound 'elitest', but persons who have not
participated in the preparation process tend not to appreciate how much
work goes into preparing the exam. For a credible, defendable exam it is
not a trivial effort.  That is at least part of the reason why you do not
see it widely done.

On the other hand I suspect the ABHP is quite willing to assist any other
group in setting up a similar effort.  They certainly have provided
information in the past along these lines.  And keep in mind that the ABHP
is a group with a very defined mission.  If you have an idea for a new
certification or process the AAHP might be the group to get it started.
The ABHP is a pretty busy group and I suspect they are not actively
looking for added tasks.

NOTE:  I am (and have been for >5 yrs) an 'outsider' of the Board's
activities so some of my observations might be a bit dated.

--
the above are the personal musing of the author,
and do not represent any past, current, or future