Re: Contamination from I-131 in Perspiration

Skin contamination is always a problem in association with iodine
therapies.  You minimize the problem by covering accessible surfaces
with disposable wrap and washing frequently. I can't tell you how
long it remains a problem since we rarely have contact with patients
after they are discharged from the hospital.

> Have you had any contamination problems due to perspiration from
> individuals who have received therapeutic doses of I-131?
>
> If so:
>
> 1) How did you deal with it?
>
> 2) Do you have any data on how much I-131 remained in the body when this
> type of contamination was no longer a problem?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben Morgan
> ben.morgan@cplc.com

Jerry Rosen