Re: Ethics, abortions, and VA research

Wesley M. Dunn wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Good notes on ethics.

Maybe we should leave the ethics to the ethicists. In the ethics literature
this is just technocratic rationalization. If someone puts gun to your head
and holds out his hand, Dave's arguement is that he didn't actually say he
wanted your money, so you must have given it to him voluntarily. :-)
(especially if it turned out to be a plastic gun!? :-)  Ethics goes beyond
word games. That's just for bureaucrats and lawyers.

>While it is probably futile discussing
> anything with Muckerheide, it may clarify the discussion for other
> readers.

Perhaps some are not so narrowly focused and defensive.

> Wes

Regards, Jim