Re: Ethics, abortions, and VA research

Dave,

Good notes on ethics.  While it is probably futile discussing
anything with Muckerheide, it may clarify the discussion for other
readers.

Wes

> Date sent:      Tue, 5 Aug 97 14:10:44 -0500
> Send reply to:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
> From:           David Scherer <scherer@uiuc.edu>
> To:             Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:        Re: Ethics, abortions, and VA research

> Jim,
>
> The crux of your argument seems to be that the LNT model is "unreasonable."
>  You augment this assertion by impugning the motives of those advancing the
> model.  Again, I must insist that the accuracy of the model is NOT the
> center of the ETHICAL debate.  Even questions about motives are NOT
> central.  Motives might be important to personal morals (i.e. are they good
> people), but they do not address questions of social responsibility.
Wesley M. Dunn, CHP                        512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us