RE: 6 KeV x-ray monitoring

Dale,

I've spent a little time looking for an instrument for about 5 keV
x-rays.  I didn't try to be exhaustive, but I did not run across any
commercial instrument that claimed to measure quite this low.

Victoreen 470A claimed 8 - 300 keV (flat to + 15%) energy response for
bare chamber.

ANSI approach in section on measuring stray radiation in "Classification
of Industrial Ionizing Radiation Devices" (N538-1979) is to suggest use
of air ion chamber w/ energy response flat (+ 15%) for 15 keV to 1.3
MeV.  (Further meter specs are included in that publication.)

If you get useful information via direct e-mail, some of us would be
interested to hear about it!

Elsa
elsa.nimmo@hmx.honeywell.com