Regulatory Ethics

Standard setting bodies are not rulemakers.

Professional Societies are responsible for ensuring that the standards
used in rulemaking are not distorted.

Standard setting bodies are not lobbyists...

Standard setting bodies are not regulators...

Professional Societies should be well represented on standard setting bodies.

Much more to this argument, but I have about an hour of work to do...

Bill Pitchford			Bill.Pitchford@asu.edu
Radiation Protection Facility	(602)965-6140 voice
Arizona State University	http://www.asu.edu
Campus Box 873501		(602)965-6609 facsimile
Tempe, Arizona 85287-3501	http://physics.isu.edu