Re: Monitoring requirements

Eric Goldin referenced a message from Sandy Perle, which I missed, apparently
concerning issuing dosimeters to personnel who are not being "monitored" IAW
regulatory requirements.

It is my understanding that this practice is permitted by NRC regulators, but
only if the decision is made and documented before the exposure that the
individual is not likely to exceed 500 mrems in a year and is therefore is
not being monitored for regulatory purposes.  Once this is done, no further
documantation is needed for NRC purposes, although some kind of flag on
dosimetry records may be beneficial.