No Subject

Does anyone have any information related to airborne radioiodine
absorption through the skin?

We have bits of information concerning the absorption of airborne
radioiodine in nuclear power plants.  We also have some reference
material on the subject:  ICRP 10 states that the skin is not an
effective barrier against tritium oxide as liquid or vapour, or
against iodine as vapour or in solution.  We have the following
articles: Permeation of Iodine through Human Epidermis, and The Fate
of Radioiodine Applied to Human Skin.  All of these imply a
measureable amount of radioiodine absorbed through the skin in a
gaseous radioiodine environment.

Any other documented information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Lantz
Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station