Re: Low Doses, Ethics and LNT

Setting a limit of 1 rem/year would seem to only scare more of the general
public when doses would exceed this limit.  To limit this from current values
would only serve to increase the justification paperwork and risk based
assessments on a lot of projects due for D&D and environmental restoration,
the cost now scares the general public and increased limitations would only
serve to increase cost and damage any long term gains that nuclear power,
medicine, and research could make.   Research available now does not incidate
risks at this level.  Why restrict it to the point of hobbling our industry?
 Other hazards in our environment should take more precidence in terms of
risk than our current occupational dose limits.