Re: Low Doses, Ethics and LNT

> Setting a limit of 1 rem/year would seem to only scare more of the general
> public when doses would exceed this limit.

I agree that there should be a single limit for all individuals,
public as well as for the general worker. The current definition of
the occupational worker is defined by expected dose, not the job that
is performed (as also mentioned by Les Slaback). That level is 100
mrem/year. Based on this value, the 1 rem/year is still far superior.
If we are concerned about a 1 rem/year limit, that it might scare the
public, think of what exceeding the 100 mrem/year level will do!

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director
ICN Dosimetry Division