Re: EPDI

Lzwinters@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with the Siemens EPD1?  I'm considering
> buying some with a reader but would appreciate any input.  Please send
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> L. Winters

A couple of years ago we bought a system from our local Siemens rep
consisting of reader + software and 8 EPD-1. Since that time we managed
to get half of the reader unusable (3 after a relatively high X-ray
exposure, and one display that cannot be repaired)
Since part of our foreseen use is in relatively high EM fields (and EPD1
is sensative to EM interference as opposed to the EPD2) the system is
almost never used at this moment.
We are not very happy with the system and I wouldn't be supprised if my
boss will let it go for a reasonable offer.

Let me know if you are interested in such a deal and I'll see what I can
do!

Regards,

Aad van der Kooij
Radiation Protection Group