Radioactive Aircrafts Parts

Radsafers,

 Here at the Army Research Lab Radwaste Management Facility, we receive
radioactive items off of various planes and helicopters, before tests
(blowing them up) are performed on them.

 Common items received are DU counterweights (3"x4"x1.5" in size and weigh
approx. 11 lbs.), with contact readings of 150 mR/hr. Sr-90 Ice detectors
with a contact of 180 mR/hr. Cs-137 Ignitors (not sure of its use, I assume
it has something to do with engine starts) and various switches and gauges
containing Ra-226.

Patrick Eures
ARL Radwaste manager
eures@arl.mil