HP History question

     I am posting the following from an Industrial Hygiene listserver.
     Please respond directly to the person, as he is not a RADSAFE
     subscriber.

     Steven D. Rima, CHP
     Manager, Health Physics and Industrial Hygiene
     MACTEC-ERS
     steven.rima@doegjpo.com

     Can anyone recommend a good history of radiation protection or health
     physics?  I was looking at the history/origin of the ALARA (As Low As
     Reasonably Achievable) recommendation that is the basis for most
     current recommendations, and when that approach became widely
     accepted.
     Thanks for any info.
     Regards,
     Jim

     James W. Platner, PhD, CIH
     Cornell University School of Industrial & Labor Relations Division of
     Extension & Public Service
     Voice: 518/449-4161    FAX: 518/426-0643 jp42@cornell.edu