Fwd: RE: RadioFrequency

The federal standards are required by the Telecommunications act of 1996
and are contained in FCC 96-326 (August 1, 1996).  These standards are
based upon the NCRP recommendations from 1986 (NCRP Report #86).  With
the exception of exposure to power density greater than 1500 MHz and the
limits for exposure to lower frequency magnetic fields, they are also
based upon the 1992 RF standards developed by the IEEE and adopted by
ANSI (ANSI/IEEE C95.1-1992).

I cannot speak directly to the posting requirements but will find out
more about them with a phone call if you would like.  I can also email
you a copy (or fax) of the table of limits if you would quickly like to
know.

Sincerely,
Andrew H. Thatcher, MSHP,CHP
Washington Department of Health
dht0303@hub.doh.wa.gov
360-586-8715 voice
360-753-1496 fax

                  ***** Original Message Follows *****

Good afternoon,

I am looking for guidelines, standards, and/or regulations
concerning RF transmitters.  My main concern is proper posting of
said transmitters.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

S.,

denny

Denis J. Rinkacs, Jr.
Radiation Safety Officer