Oct 97 Health Physics TOC

Hi All,

Here is the Health Physics Journal October 1997 table of contents.

-Bruce Busby
 bbusby@umich.edu

-----------------fwd--------------------

HEALTH PHYSICS
Schedule of Contents
Volume 73, No. 4,  October 1997

On the cover:  Worker protected from plutonium purification process at Los
Alamos, NM in 1944.  See article by Voelz et al. on page 611 for more
information.

NEWS ON THE NET

Notes on Advertising On-Line
Bruce Busby					Page - 577

PAPERS

Dose Contribution from Metabolized Organically
Bound Tritium after Acute Tritiated Water Intakes
in Humans
A. Trivedi, D. Galeriu, and R. B. Richardson	Page - 579

Basis and Implications of the ICRP's
New Biokinetic Model for Thorium
R. W. Leggett					Page - 587

Individual Quantification of 89Sr and 90Sr in
Nuclear Reactor Effluent
Uditha P. M. Senaratne, William A. Jester, and
Charles D. Bleistein				Page - 601

Fifty Years of Plutonium Exposure to the Manhattan
Project Plutonium Workers: An Update
George L. Voelz, James N. P. Lawrence, and
Emily R. Johnson				Page - 611

Dose Reconstruction for Weapons Experiments
involving 140La at Los Alamos National
Laboratory, 1944-1962
David H. Kraig					Page - 620

Relative Performance of Different Types of
Passive Dosimeters Employing Solid State Nuclear
Track Detectors
Khalid Jamil, K. K. Al-Ahmady, Fazal-ur-Rehman,
Safdar Ali, A. A. Qureshi, and H. A. Kahn	Page - 629

Dissolution of Metal Tritides in a Simulated
Lung Fluid
Yung-Sung Cheng, Alan R. Dahl,
and Hong Nian Jow				Page - 633

A New Approach for the Calculation of Photon
Dose Conversion Factors in the PMMA
Slab Phantom
Jong Oh Kim and Jong Kyung Kim			Page - 639

Survey of the 137Cs Contamination in Belgium by
In-Situ  Gamma Spectrometry, A Decade after
the Chernobyl Accident
J. Uyttenhove, S. Pomm, B. Van Waeyenberge,
F. Hardeman, J. Buysse, and J.-P. Culot		Page - 644

129I, 131I and 127I in Animal Thyroids after the
Chernobyl Nuclear Accident
L. VanMiddlesworth and J. Handl			Page - 647

An Estimate by Two Methods of Thyroid Absorbed
Doses Due to Bravo Fallout in Several Northern
Marshall Islands
Stephen V. Musolino, N. Anthony Greenhouse,
and Andrew P. Hull				Page - 651

Glycophorin A Somatic Cell Mutation
Frequencies in Residents of
Tibet at High Altitudes
Ronald H. Jensen, Shouzhi Zhang, Zuoyuan Wang,
Wenlan Wang, and John Boice			Page - 663

Radon Penetration of Concrete Slab Cracks,
Joints, Pipe Penetrations, and Sealants
Kirk K. Nielson, Vern C. Rogers, Roger B. Holt,
Thomas D. Pugh, Walter A. Grondzik,
and Robert J. de Meijer				Page - 668

Relationship of Natural Incidence
and Radiosensitivity for Bone Cancer in Dogs
G. N. Taylor, R. D. Lloyd, C. W. Mays,
S. C. Miller, W. S. S. Jee, S. Mori,
L. Shabestari, and X. J. Li			Page - 679

Bone Tumor Location in Dogs given Skeletal
Irradiation by 239Pu and 226Ra
Ray. D. Lloyd, Glenn N. Taylor, Scott C. Miller,
Fred W. Bruenger, and Webster S. S. Jee		Page - 684

NOTES

Radiation Exposure During Cardiology
Fellowship Training
Linley E. Watson, Mark W. Riggs,
and Philip D. Bourland				Page - 690

Impact of the 235U series on Doses from
Intakes of Natural Uranium and Decay Progeny
Leo M. Lowe					Page - 694

Raetrad Model Extensions for Radon Entry into
Multi-level Buildings with Basements or
Crawl Spaces
Kirk K. Nielson, Vern C. Rogers, Vern Rogers,
and Rodger B. Holt				Page - 696

OPERATIONAL TOPICS

Public Participation in Radiological
Surveillance
R. W. Hanf, R. G. Schreckhise, G. W. Patton,
T. M. Poston, and R. E. Jaquish			Page - 700

Notices of Violation to Texas Radioactive
Material Licensees Inspected in 1995
R. J. Emery, J. J. Pollock, and M. A. Charlton	Page - 706

CORRESPONDENCE

Erythematogenicity, Genotoxicity and
Carcinogenicity of Uncovered Tungsten
Halogen Lamps
Silvio De Flora and Francesco D'Agostini	Page - 710

Response to De Flora and D'Agostini
Joe Wong					Page - 711

Radiation Dose Rates Post 131I Therapy and
Advice to Patients on Discharge from Hospital
Andrew G. Kettle, Sally F. Barrington, and
Michael J. O'Doherty				Page - 711

Are all Ecological Studies Fallacious?
Not Necessarily
H. Wade Patterson				Page - 711

BOOK REVIEWS

The Inflationary Universe
Reviewed by Michael T. Ryan			Page - 713

Safety Management Practices for
Hazardous Materials
Reviewed by Andrew J. Rosenman			Page - 713

Handbook of Pollution and Hazardous Materials
Compliance
Reviewed by Andrew J. Rosenman			Page - 714

Biohazards Management Handbook
Robert Emery					Page - 714

OTHER CONTENT

News and Notices
New Products
Instructions for Submission of New Product Announcements
Instructions to Contributors
Health Physics Society Prospectus
Health Physics Society Affiliate Members
Advertisers Guide
Advertisers Index
Up and Coming