Re: Posting

Hi Bill,

I've never actually shipped international, but a researcher here wanted us
to look into it prospectively.  I found that extensive pre-shipment
discussion with FedEX was helpful & necessary.  FedEx at first told me that
they would only ship airport to airport to the prospective destination -
this could be a real problem on both ends.  They later recanted, and said
they couldn't take it to the Netherlands at all. If FedEx can't transport
your package to Italy, you might contact Burlington Air Freight, they
seemed willing to take our package to Holland.  You'll also want the
carrier to pre-clear the package through customs if it is a time critical
package, e.g., it's on dry or wet ice.

Hope this helps,  Don

Don Jordan
The University of Chicago