Re: Food Irradiation

In Message Thu, 21 Aug 97 07:31:43 -0500,
  denison.8@postbox.acs.ohio-state.edu (Eric Denison) writes:

-SNIP- Couldn't folks just COOK the blasted burgers?

Yes, and I could buy raw milk and boil it before drinking, fry my bananas
before eating, and buy a new $6 bottle of chili powder each time I needed a
teaspoonful.  In real life, relying on cooking to kill bugs isn't too safe.
A teenager flipping patties at the local Mickey D's simply can't be trusted
to do it right 100% of the time.  Besides, there are still some of us
un-hip, non-yuppy, never-made-it-into-the-90's, politically incorrect old
f**ts who LIKE our beef rare.
William G. Nabor
University of California, Irvine
EH&S Office