Re: European Communities and Radiation Exposure of Flight Crews

Wim Passchier wrote:

> As I mentioned in an earlier mail, it is my perception that the exposure of
> flight crews will become a matter of discussion in the coming years.

Good grief, I hope not!  Why do humans insist on wasting money and time
on radiation exposure control when there are no demonstrated effects
from low doses of ionizing radiation?  And, there are some demonstrated
beneficial effects from such radiation.  I do hope that the more
rational of our European radsafers can head off at the pass any attempt
to regulate, measure or control exposure to natural radiation, even if
it is "enhanced" by human activies.  Please, please, look at all the
data about effects of low doses before you decide that low doses pose
any harm at all.

 The exposure to 'natural'
> radiation will be a subject of discussion in the European Union in the
> years to come, not only with respect to flight personnel.

Same comment as above.  Let's spend our time and money solving real
problems with real, measurable harmful effects instead of tilting a the
windmill of low doses of radiation.

Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net