RE: European Communities and Radiation Exposure of Flight Crews

It seems to be a simple case of attempting to satisfy a Worker's need
to know about their individual doses during their occupational hours:
i.e., dosimetry.   Whether it is low dose or high dose, it is dose
that flight crews would like to be aware on an individual basis.  No
one has suggested any incredible cost issues such as ALARA for flight
crews; like flying at lower altitudes, or shorter schedules and/or
limits to flight time, or shielding cockpits!!

So why the attack on people who would simply be interested in
measuring doses cheaply, especially in the light of old studies that
showed that they were incurring positive exposure but "less than 500
mrem per year"?

Mike Lantz
Sr. Health Physicist
Radiological Engineering Section
Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
  (602) 393-5200
  e-mail: mlantz@apsc.com
  Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.