Re: Contaminated Lead Products Update

A very easy way to get Lead-210 seperated from Radium-226 is from
natural gas. The radium decays to radon, which gets carried along with
natural gas. The radon decays to Lead-210 and gets caught in the filters
at pumping stations.

	Filters from natural gas pumping stations are routinely >20,000
pCi/gram, averaged over thr gross weight of the filter.

	I doubt this is where the contaminated lead from though. I suspect that
the feed product had Radium, but there was a chemical seperation to
purify the Lead and the Lead-210 stayed. Just a guess.

Jim Williams
NARM@Worldnet.att.net