Re: Radioactive substances in consumer products

Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 Wien
AUSTRIA
Tel./Fax: +43-1-4955308
Mobiltel.: +43-664-3380333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

----------
> Von: J. J. Rozental <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
> An: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Betreff: Re: Radioactive substances in consumer products
> Datum: Montag, 18. August 1997 10:28
>
> Dear Franz,
>
> There is an IAEA  Safety Series Document,  on The Code of Practice on
> Regulatory Control of Consumer Products Containing Radioactive
Substances.
> I worked as IAEA consultant in such document,  in the year 1990. I have
the
> final draft, however, I "lost" de final document.
> The table of contents  inform among others' topics:
> 4. Regulatory Control
> 5. Exemption principles
> 6. Application of radiation protection principles to consumer products
> 7. Requirements for competent authorities
> 8. Requirements for manufacturers and importers
> 9. Testing and quality assurance requirements
> 10. Consumer products labeling requirements
> 11. Surveillance after exemption or authorization
> 12. Disposal of products
>
> And three annexes Containing examples, and prototypes test for smoke
detector

> Probably Patricia can supply the document to you, ask her. Anyhow I will
> travel again to Vienna for a mission at IAEA  from 01 to 05, if you are
> interest in a copy I will be glad to take with me.
>
> If some of the Radsafer also wish some information connected,  please let
me
> know. The IAEA Code of Practice on Regulatory Control of Consumer
Products
> Containing Radioactive Substances consist of 45 pages and a extensive
> bibliography.
>
> Regards
>
> J. J. Rozental, <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
> consultant Radiation and Regulation
> for developing countries, Israel

Dear Jose,

I will be in Finland next week and will be back in Vienna on Sept 1st. I
have not contacted Patricia because of heavy workload. Maybe you could
bring a copy, because we are preparing some research on this topic. Please
try to contact me (in order of probability to get me on the phone): at the
institute 40491-520, at home (answering machine running) at 495 53 08 and
mobile telephone 0664 338 0 333.  I hope we will make it this time!

Best regards,

Franz