Re: In Search of JoB Due to DOE RIF

Neil!

Sorry to hear about the RIF.  We will soon have several positions
open (any week now), but they will be in Uranium.  So I don't know if
they would be positions in your line.  Two would be in Licensing and
two in Inspection (mainly doing closeout surveys in South Texas).
The other issue is we shouldn't need all of these positions beyond 5
years, so there might be some cutting back then if there aren't other
open positions to transfer into.

Other than the RIF, how are you doing?

Wes

> Date sent:      Sat, 23 Aug 97 07:31:05 -0500
> Send reply to:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
> From:           nmbarss@fred.net
> To:             Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:        In Search of JoB Due to DOE RIF

> To all my colleagues:
>
> Due to a RIF at DOE in Washington, I find myself on a list of abolished
> positions, effective 11/07....I am currently with the Office of
> International Health Programs (EH-63) as a health scientist/health
> physicist and worked previously as an HP in the Division of Health Physics
> and Industrial Hygiene and have approximately 18 years of experience in the
> field including university/medical radiation protection, research reactor,
> power reactor and DOE HQ level radiation protection policy...would
> appreciate anyone who knows of potential job opportunities contact me at
> 301-903-4024 or nmbarss@fred.net....

Wesley M. Dunn, CHP                        512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us