RE: European Communities and Radiation Exposure of Flight Crews

I was going to drop this because it is minor to myself also; at least in
terms of personnel dose.  However, as quoted in an earlier note: The
unions of flight attendents and other flight personnel have already put
the subject on their agenda a few years ago.

Some crews have an interest and their Union has for years.  This issue
certainly has a chance of being resolved through education, but hasn't
to-date.  I'm simply open to the use of dosimetry if it were to help in
the educational process.

And as I stated before, since the public is now limited to 100 mrem, the
older generic flight crew studies seem dated.

In any case, we should probably just agree to disagree on this.

Thanks,

Mike Lantz
Sr. Health Physicist
Radiological Engineering Section
Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station
  (602) 393-5200
  e-mail: mlantz@apsc.com
  Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.