Re: European Communities and Radiation Exposure of Flight Crews

Al said (about dosimetry for flight crews):

>Oh no.  We don't actually disagree.  We haven't talked yet about what to
>do when the flight personnel get around to talking about it and doing
>something about it.  By then we should have all our "ducks in a row" so
>we can present ideas that have more currency than theirs.  Hopefully,
>then, the matter will disappear. Now the question is: "How do we get our
>ducks in a row? And which ducks?"  And how do we get a chance to present
>our ducks at the appropriate, early time?  Lets be proactive about this
>for a change.

This is an issue between management and labor in the airline industry.  Why
should "we" be getting our ducks in a row?  Why is it "our" business?
Addressing the scientific basis of general radiation standards is one
thing, but should we go around taking positions in private disputes?

Regards,
Dave
scherer@uiuc.edu